Monday 17 June 2013

The Peugeot comes out

Had a number of hours spare on sunday to have a good look around my old faithful bike I only ride for a few times in my cycling season to be put away for another year. I have another five bikes to play with for every day use so my Peugeot Audax is my special bike to me. The reason the bike is being dusted down is I have signed up to take part in a sportive next sunday on the 23rd June to give myself a bit of a challenge and increase my mileage. Im definately no club cyclist nor want to be ( each to their own ) so I dont know how I will fare with the miles I have to cover as my conditioning at present is not for many many miles. I think family life pays to the freedom in many cases plus work commitments as well can swallow the weekends abit. The bulk of my cycling is commuting to work as a transport vehicle so I have some sort of base fitness all year round. A number of years ago I used to take part in a 70mile charity event each year with very few mile under the saddle and fared quite well. I have not taken part in any event for three years now so I am getting a little jittery and nervous for no reason. I wont loose sleep over it though!

No comments:

Post a Comment